The Chihuahuan Desert Nature Park is a 935-acre site located in the northern Chihuahuan Desert, northeast of Las Cruces, New Mexico. The Nature Park encompasses a small section of the Doña Ana Mountains and is topographically and biologically diverse. Spectacular views of the Organ Mountains, San Andres Mountains, and the Jornada Basin are visible from the Park.
The address is: 56501 N Jornada Rd, Las Cruces, NM 88012
Getting to the Nature Park:
- From I-25 in Las Cruces, New Mexico, head east on Highway 70.
- Take the Mesa Grande Rd. exit (at Oñate High School)
- Make a U-turn under the highway to head west on the frontage road.
- Turn right (north) on Jornada Road.
- Proceed north on Jornada Road for approximately 6.5 miles.
- Turn left just before the Chihuahuan Desert Nature Park entrance sign.
- Follow the entrance road west to the Nature Park parking lot and trail head.